ORGANIC AGAVE NECTAR 23.5 OZ
Where Does Agave Nectar Come From? Agave nectar (sometimes called agave syrup) is most often produced from the Blue Agaves that thrive in the volcanic soils of Southern Mexico. Agaves are large, spikey plants that resemble cactus or yuccas in both form and habitat, but they are actually succulents similar to the familiar Aloe Vera.
Agaves come in many sizes and colors — well over 100 species. Due to the Blue Agave's high carbohydrate content (which results in a high percentage of fructose in the final nectar), Blue Agave is the preferred species for producing nectar. Though there are other species used to produce agave nectars, such as the Maguey Agave, the premium nectars are produced from 100% Weber Blue Agave.
Ingredients: 100% Organic Blue Agave
About the product
- Contains Organic Agave Low-Glycemic Sweetener, Fair Trade Raw
- Low-glycemic, so no more sugar crashes
- 1.4x sweeter than sugar, so you can use less in all your baking, cooking and beverages
- All-natural, free of any chemicals and additives
- USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Kosher, Gluten-Free and Vegan