- What Is Raw Cacao?Cacao comes from the seeds (beans) of the fruit of the Theobroma cacao tree, and is the source of natural chocolate. It is raw chocolate in its purest form, before other ingredients such as sugar and dairy have been added.
- Raw cacao is considered to be one of nature’s most nutritionally complex foods rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber.
- Where Does Cacao Come From?Raw cacao comes from cacao seeds (beans) (grown in cacao pods) of Theobroma cacao trees, the same species of trees that produce cocoa and chocolate.
- Theobroma cacao trees are small (13–26 feet tall) evergreen trees native to the tropical regions of Central and South America.
- Today, the top ten producing cocoa-growing countries are the Ivory Coast, Ghana, Indonesia, Nigeria, Brazil, Cameroon, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, New Guinea, and Malaysia.
We pack our flat rate boxes as full as we can. The total weight varies depending on the size, shape, and mass of the fruit:
- Large Box contains up to 8-12 pounds.
We ALWAYS recommend ordering a LARGE BOX for the best value, when compared to a Small Box. Because shipping, handling, and delivery are so expensive per package, the Large Box will contain more fruit and ultimately a better value. DUE TO THE NATURE OF OUR BUSINESS THERE IS NO RETURNS ON FRUITS.