AVOCADO SHEA BUTTER 8 OZ
What is Shea Butter? Shea butter is a skin superfood that comes from the seeds of the fruit of the Shea (Karite) tree and that is naturally rich in vitamins A, E and F. It offers UV protection (it is SPF ~6) and provides the skin with essential fatty acids and the nutrients necessary for collagen production. Shea butter has been used in Africa and other countries for years to improve skin and hair.
Benefits of Using Shea Butter
- Excellent daily skin moisturizer for face and body
- Dramatically helps prevent and reduce stretch marks during pregnancy and weight gain and loss
- Restores elasticity to skin and reduces blemishes and wrinkles
- Anti-aging and anti-free radical agent known to increase circulation to the skin
- Helps reduces acne and scarring
- Excellent moisturizer for both eczema and psoriasis
- Helps soothe skin and diaper rash
- After sun conditioning
- Helps softens tough skin on hands and feet
- Dry, itchy skin and scalp relief
- Use after shaving to reduce razor irritation and bumps
- Provides healing benefits to skin wounds and cracks
- Restores luster to hair
Benefits of Using Avocado in Skincare
- Moisturizing: Rich in vitamins A, D, and E, avocado oil is fantastic at deeply hydrating dry skin and protecting against environment factors like harmful UV rays. As the seasons change, it offers soothing moisture and even is considered a natural healer. They also contain linoleic and oleic acids which are known for their ability to restore skin back to health. Since it’s a rich source of vitamin E it can also help with acne scarring and hyperpigmentation. Along with using it on your face and body, avocado also works great as a hair conditioner.
- Strengthen Skin Barrier: Avocado oil contains a mix of fatty acids that includes omega 3 and omega 6. So if you apply this onto your face it helps strengthen your skin barrier since it’s an important component in our skin’s natural lipid layer. This is essential to having happy and healthy skin since a weak skin barrier is more prone to redness and infection.
- Anti aging: Avocados are a rich source of vitamin E which helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also contains chlorophyll (which is responsible for giving avocados that nice green color). Chlorophyll is an antioxidant that protects us from premature aging. Avocado oil also boosts collagen production (which keeps our skin looking supple and plump).
- Nature’s sunscreen: Avocado is one of those oils that also contain a high amount of antioxidants and sun protective properties that protect you from UVA and UVB rays. So it works as a natural form of sunscreen and also as an after sun product. If you’ve been out in the sun for too long, avocado oil is an excellent way to soothe sunburnt skin. Out of all the vegetable oils, avocado oil has one of the highest natural SPF coverage. (Fun Fact: The best natural oil that protects against UVA and UVB rays is raspberry oil which is a main ingredient in our skin proucts!)
Health Disclaimer: "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease."